- Event: EARC Sprints
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Lake Quinsigamond)
- The Lead: The MIT men's lightweight crew team saw its nationally-ranked No. 13 Varsity 8 boat finish fourth in the Petite Final of the EARC Sprints on Sunday while the Second Varsity 8 had the same showing in its Petite Final race.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- No. 2 Princeton won a tight Varsity 8 heat in the morning, crossing the finish line in 5:46.019, followed by No. 6 Navy (5:47.246), No. 5 Penn (5:47.478), and No. 3 Yale (5:48.307). MIT came in fifth with a time of 6:08.317. In the Petite Final, Yale had a comfortable victory in 6:13.556. No. 12 Dartmouth was the runner-up (6:17.847) while No. 10 Georgetown (6:20.224) and MIT (6:26.059) rounded out the field.
- The Engineers' 2V8 heat was another close affair that saw Princeton record the victory in 6:00.691, followed by Yale (6:01.422), Penn (6:04.063), and MIT (6:33.889). Returning to the water for the Petite Final, Penn cruised to the victory in 6:10.885. Dartmouth had another runner-up performance with a time of 6:17.580 while Georgetown was third (6:25.263) and the Engineers were fourth (6:33.442).
- MIT awaits the announcement for selections to the IRA National Championship which will be held June 1-3 at Mercer Lake in West Windsor, N.J.