- Score: No. 17 MIT 4, Mount Holyoke College 3
- Records: No. 17 MIT (6-3, 1-1 NEWMAC); Mount Holyoke (4-4, 1-1 NEWMAC)
- Location: South Hadley, Mass. (Turf Field)
- The Lead: Sophomore Amanda Garofalo (Fairfield, N.J.) found the back of the net 3:36 into overtime, helping nationally-ranked No. 17 MIT defeat Mount Holyoke College, 4-3, in NEWMAC field hockey action on Saturday afternoon.
- 4th Minute (3:33) – MIT 1, Mount Holyoke 0: Junior Taylor Grey (Horsham, Pa.) collected the rebound of a saved shot and found Garofalo for the opening tally.
- 20th Minute (19:39) – MIT 2, Mount Holyoke 0: Following her own saved shot, freshman Mia Reilly (Los Angeles, Calif.) corralled the loose ball and found junior Devon Goetz (Rockville, Md.) for the goal.
- 30th Minute (29:27) – MIT 2, Mount Holyoke 1: Mirei Golding-Powers ended the shutout when she moved to her right and placed a shot into the left side of the goal.
- 39th Minute (38:32) – MIT 3, Mount Holyoke 1: Freshman Laura Chen (Califon, N.J.) buried an unassisted tally.
- 52nd Minute (51:58) – MIT 3, Mount Holyoke 2: Abby Baldwin knocked in the rebound of a saved shot.
- 65th Minute (64:46) – MIT 3, Mount Holyoke 3: Baldwin connected on a pass from Kass Lawrence.
- 74th Minute (73:36) – MIT 4, Mount Holyoke 3: Following a defensive save by Grey, the Engineers went on a breakaway that saw Goetz set up Garofalo for the game-winning goal.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sophomore goalie Grace Moore (Boston, Mass.) collected 10 saves for MIT.
- Goetz and Grey both recorded a defensive save.
- Mount Holyoke ended the day with advantages in shots (19-15), shots on goal (15-9), and penalty corners (4-3).
- MIT wraps up the non-conference portion of its schedule on Tuesday, Sept. 25 when it visits No. 19 Amherst College for a 7:00 p.m. game.