- Score: MIT 3, Clark University 1
- Records: MIT (9-6, 4-3 NEWMAC); Clark (7-9, 0-7 NEWMAC)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Granger Field)
- The Lead: Three first-half goals was all MIT needed as it defeated Clark University, 3-1, in NEWMAC field hockey action on Saturday afternoon. Junior Devon Goetz (Rockville, Md.) posted one goal and one assist for the Engineers.
- 2nd Minute (1:14) – MIT 1, Clark 0: During a scramble in front of the net, Goetz tipped the ball to sophomore Amanda Garofalo (Fairfield, N.J.) who snuck it behind Clark goalie Dani Michaud.
- 8th Minute (7:09) – MIT 2, Clark 0: On a penalty corner, Goetz redirected a feed from sophomore Jennah Haque (Bethesda, Md.).
- 21st Minute (20:21) – MIT 3, Clark 0: During a penalty corner, senior Bailey Tregoning (Frederick, Md.) deflected a pass from Garofalo over the defense.
- 52nd Minute (51:24) – MIT 3, Clark 1: Olivia Barksdale carried the ball from midfield up the right side, dodged two defenders, and slipped the shot past sophomore goalie Grace Moore (Boston, Mass.) in a one-on-one situation.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- MIT ended the day with advantages in shots (29-10), shots on goal (22-8), and penalty corners (9-2).
- Moore finished with seven saves while Michaud made 17 stops. Kaitlyn DeBlois and Sophia Poulin both earned a defensive save for the Cougars.
- MIT wraps up the regular season on Saturday, Oct. 27 when it hosts Springfield College at 1:00 p.m.