Cambridge, Mass. (February 24) – In the next installment of the "Meet the Coaches and Staff" series by the Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (DAPER), we spotlight Physical Education and Wellness Assistant Professor Matt Breen, who has worked at MIT since 2013.
In addition to this written piece, watch the video below to learn more about our outstanding staff in DAPER and what it's like to be part of the MIT community.
1. What is your favorite sports team?
New York Yankees
2. What TV shows have you found to watch over your time at home?
Billions, Bosch, Flight Attendant, Industry and Your Honor
3. If you weren’t working in athletics and PE where would your career have taken you?
I would have liked to become a firefighter
4. What sports did you play growing up?
Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Golf, Tennis
5. If you could go anywhere on vacation where would it be?
Europe, more specifically Paris, Ireland and Italy
6. What are some fun facts about you?
I’m an only child, I have a large sneaker collection and I’m a huge fan of USC Trojans football.
7. What do you do to relax?
Yoga and spending time with my wife, Kim, and son, Jaxton.
8. What is your favorite quote?
“Always run onto and off the field because you never know who's watching you.” Don Mattingly.
9. What is your favorite restaurant?