- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (DuPont Rifle Range)
- The Lead: On Saturday at the MAC Championship, the MIT rifle team finished second in Expert Division Smallbore with a total of 2,179 points. Coast Guard took the smallbore competition with a total of 2,249 points, while John Jay was third at 2,117 and SUNY-Plattsburgh placed fourth with 1,828 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Senior Jesus Herrera (Los Angeles, Calif.) was the top shooter for the Engineers and fourth overall with a score of 555 that featured a score of 100 in the second round in the prone position.
- Junior Landon Chu (Burke, Va.) was second for MIT with 548 points, followed by scores of 538 points by both senior Elijah Miller (Shavertown, Pa.) and senior Ivy Li (Pembroke Pines, Fla.). Senior Thomas Rick (New Orleans, La.) was the fifth MIT scoring competitor as he finished the day at 529 points.
- First-year Jenny Zhang (Austin, Texas) posted a score of 540 points and was eighth overall, along with 523 by first-year Isabella Pedraza Pineros (Miami, Fla.) and 503 points from sophomore Steven Acevedo (Waco, Texas).
- Seth Strayer of Coast Guard led all shooters with a score of 576.
- MIT wraps up the season on Sunday, March 8th as the Engineers host day two of the MAC Championship beginning at 9:30 a.m.