- Results: NEISA Coed Championship - 13th of 18
- The Lead: The MIT coed sailing team closed their season with a 13th place finish at the New England Intercollegiate Sailing Association (NEISA) Championship over the weekend.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the A Division, Trevor Long (Hockessin, Del.), Kaila Pfrang (Suffolk, Va.), John Ped (Portland, Ore.) and Julia Cho (Cupertino, Calif.) finished 11th overall with 144 points. Over 14 races, they posted six top-10 placements with their best race coming in rotation number nine where they crossed the line third overall.
- In the B Division, Ivan Shestopalov (Miami, Fla.), Annie Hughes (Guilford, Conn.), Emily Haig (Beach Haven, N.J.), Alex Abate (Kemah, Texas), John Ped (Portland, Ore.) and Sameena Shaffeeullah (Danbury, Conn.) finished 13th overall with 151 points. This group had their best races of the weekend on Sunday as they won race number 12 and 14. Overall, they finished inside the top-10 in four races.
- The women's team will close their season at the end of May at the ICSA Women's National Championship which is slated to begin on May 21 in Newport, RI.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.