- Score: No. 9 MIT 86, Salem State 55
- Records: No. 9 MIT (7-1), Salem State (3-6)
- Location: Salem, Mass. (Twohig Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Led by a game-high 30 points from senior Cameron Korb (Los Gatos, Calif.), the No. 9 ranked MIT men's basketball team powered to the 86-55 road win over Salem State University on Thursday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- MIT jumped out to an early 19-14 lead with 12:34 remaining in the first as senior Dakota Pierce (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) converted the layup. The Engineers continued to lead by eight at 31-23 after a three from Korb and led by as many as nine on two occasions in the opening 20 minutes.
- The last nine-point lead came at the 3:20 mark following a Korb layup as the Engineers led 40-34 at the break. Senior Bradley Jomard (Paris, France) paced MIT with a 13-point, four-assist effort in the first to go along with 10 points from Korb. For Salem State, Sean Bryan posted 13 points and eight rebounds in the first half.
- In the second, the Engineers were in control throughout as first-year Dan Pillsbury (Millington, N.J.) knocked down a three as the shot clock expired to make it a 73-52 game with 5:39 remaining. MIT led by 30 late in the contest following a corner three by Korb before coming up with the 31-point win and running its winning streak to seven straight games.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Korb converted eight three-pointers in his game-high 30-point outing. Jomard nearly recorded a double-double with 17 points and nine assists, followed by a 15-point, 14-rebound, six-assist, five-steal effort by senior Tim Roberts (Oak Bluffs, Mass.).
- Bryan ended the game with an 18-point, 11-rebound double-double for the Vikings as he was joined by Hakeem Animashaun in double figures with 14 points in 21 minutes.
- MIT returns home on Saturday, December 8th as the Engineers host Fitchburg State for a non-conference matchup beginning at 1 p.m.