- Score: Endicott 100, MIT 64
- Records: Endicott (1-0); MIT (0-1)
- Location: Beverly, Mass. (MacDonald Gymnasium)
- The Lead: On Wednesday night, the MIT men's basketball team dropped a 100-64 final to Endicott College in a non-conference matchup at MacDonald Gymnasium.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The two teams started out even through the first five minutes with MIT holding the 14-12 edge after a jumper from Kael Kordonowy (Wichita, Kan.). The Gulls countered with a run that made it a double-digit game at 34-23 with 6:41 left in the first half following a pair of Isaiah Godwin free throws.
- The Gulls later took a 53-35 lead into the halftime break and eventually came away with the 36-point final as Endicott outscored MIT 47-29 in the second half.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sophomore Alex Cho (San Diego, Calif.) was the top scorer with 16 points behind four three-pointers, along with 10 points from sophomore Dan Pilsbury (Millington, N.J.) and seven rebounds and nine points from first-year Tim Kostolansky (Walnut Creek, Calif.).
- MIT opens its home schedule on Friday, November 15th as the Engineers host UMass Boston for a 7 p.m. start at Rockwell Cage.