- Score: MIT 95, Pine Manor College 49
- Records: MIT (2-2); Pine Manor College (1-4)
- Location: Chestnut Hill, Mass. (Brunelli Court)
- The Lead: Led by a career-high 35 points from junior Ian Hinkley (Raleigh, N.C.), the MIT men's basketball team won its second straight game with a 95-49 road win over Pine Manor College. Hinkley added 10 points and seven assists in the near triple-double.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- With the Gators holding a slim 15-14 edge with 13 minutes left in the first half, the Engineers embarked on a 36-10 run over the remainder of the half to take a 50-25 edge into halftime. A layup by sophomore Dan Pilsbury (Millington, N.J.) pushed the MIT lead into double digits for the first time at 25-15, followed by a three from first-year Matas Masys (Oakbrook Terrace, Ill.) that gave the visitors their first 20-point lead at 42-22.
- The Engineers began the half on a 17-5 run, capped by a Masys three-pointer that made it a 67-30 game with 13:53 on the clock. A three-pointer by sophomore Giannis Chatziveroglou (Athens, Greece) made it an 85-45 game with 4:58 remaining, en route to the eventual 46-point victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- In addition to the career night from Hinkley, Chatziveroglou posted career highs with a 20-point, 12-rebound double-double in 37 minutes off the bench. Pilsbury had a career-high 16 points and nine rebounds, with Masys notching a season-best 17 points off the bench. Senior Christien Williams (Charlotte, N.C.) played all 40 minutes, finishing with a career-high 10 assists.
- Jalen Bruce was the lone Gator in double figures with 11 points. Defensively, MIT forced 14 Pine Manor turnovers and outrebounded the hosts by a slim 40-38 margin.
- With tonight's win, MIT head coach Larry Anderson continues to close in on 400 career victories as he now has 399 over his 25-year career.
- MIT hits the road on Saturday, November 23rd as the Engineers travel to nearby Lasell University for a 3 p.m. non-conference start.