- Score: MIT 84, Lasell University 70
- Records: MIT (3-2); Lasell University (0-5)
- Location: Newton, Mass. (Lasell Athletic Center)
- The Lead: With an 84-70 road win over Lasell University, MIT men's basketball head coach Larry Anderson earned his 400th career win on Saturday afternoon in non-conference action. The victory was the third straight for the Engineers, who are now 3-2 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- MIT used solid defense to open up a 28-19 lead with 8:14 remaining in the first half before Lasell answered with a huge scoring run. The Lasers scored the next 17 points over a span of 7:45 to take the 36-28 lead with two minutes before MIT cut the margin down to three at the half at 40-37.
- The two teams traded baskets at the start of the second half and it was Lasell that continued to lead 62-55 with 10:04 remaining following two free throws from Dylan Murray.
- From that point, the Engineers used five from points from sophomore Alex Cho (San Diego, Calif.) and two threes overall to embark on a decisive 19-0 run of their own and moved in front by double digits at 74-62.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Cho was 10-for-17 shooting with six three-pointers, en route to a game-high 30 points. Junior Ian Hinkley (Raleigh, N.C.) posted his second-straight double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds and again almost notched a triple-double with seven assists.
- Stefan Masciarelli led the Lasers with 19 points, with Kevin Vanderhorst posted a 14-point, 10-rebound double-double. Jonathan Friberg had a 12-point, seven-rebound outing, while Murray chipped in 14 points off the bench.
- The Engineers forced 20 Lasell turnovers and held a 35-28 rebounding advantage, while the Lasers outscored MIT 22-11 at the free throw line.
- MIT continues a four-game road trip on Tuesday, November 26th as the team travels to Tufts University for a 7 p.m. start.