- Score: Clark University 4, MIT 3 (2OT)
- Records: MIT (7-2-5); Clark University (11-4-0)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Roberts Field at Steinbrenner Stadium)
- The Lead: The MIT men's soccer team saw a 3-1 lead slip away with under ten minutes to play today as Clark University earned a 4-3 win over the Engineers in New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action on Roberts Field.
Prior to today's match, MIT honored its five seniors in Jeremy Cowham (Quincy, Mass.), Isaac Perper (Tiburon, Calif.), Ivan Jutamulia (Berkeley, Calif.), Darian Bhathena (Andover, Mass.) and Theo Sechopoulos (Athens, Greece).
- 11th minute (10:13) - First-year Alex Weiler (Portland, Ore.) gave MIT an early 1-0 lead as he finished a short cross from Jutamulia for his fourth goal of the season.
- 18th minute (17:13) - Exactly seven minutes later, Weiler doubled MIT's advantage after he played the ball off a defender inside the box and tapped the ball into the corner of the net for his second goal of the game.
- 77th minute (76:47) - Clark began its comeback in the 77th minute as Brian Brennan knocked in his seventh goal of the year off a pass from the head of Sean Munroe.
- 80th minute (79:20) - MIT ran its lead back to two at 3-1 as first-year Hendrik Mayer (Montville, N.J.) blasted a free kick into the right corner of the net from 20 yards away.
- 85th minute (84:37) - The Cougars once again cut their deficit to one at 3-2 as Alex Maiorano finished a low cross from Munroe into the back left corner of the net for his fourth goal of the year.
- 86th minute (85:27) - Just 50-seconds later, Clark completed its comeback and knotted the game at 3-3 when Trevor Sheridan completed a pair of one touch passes from Brennan and Munroe for his fourth goal of the season sending the match to overtime.
- 107th minute (106:55) - Clark played the ball off a turnover and after a pair of passes from Brennan and Derek Jones, Sheridan headed the ball into the top left corner off the net giving the Cougars the 4-3 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Clark keeper Melvin Vincent improved to 8-3-0 as he made six saves for the Cougars, while Cowham (7-2-5) made five saves for MIT in the effort.
- MIT outshot Clark by a 24-19 margin overall, however the Cougars held the 4-3 edge in shots during overtime. The Engineers also took five of the game's eight corner kicks as three of those came in extra time.
- Weiler moved into first place on the team with five goals this season. He is one of eight student-athletes in the NEWMAC to have at least five goals in 2019.
- MIT will play its final regular season home match on Wednesday, October 23 at 7:00 pm against Worcester State University.