- Score: No. 9 Virginia 9, No. 17 MIT 0
- Records: No. 17 MIT (13-6); No. 9 Virginia (14-4)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Zesiger Sports and Fitness Center)
- The Lead: The No. 17 ranked MIT squash team fell to No. 9 Virginia on Sunday afternoon by a 9-0 score.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The University of Virginia won four of the nine matches in straight sets. Those victories came at positions one, two, three and eight.
- Keith Lamp (Short Hills, N.J.) came the closest to picking up a point for the Engineers and was up two sets at position six, but Toby Hansford ended up winning 4-11, 6-11, 13-11, 13-11, 11-3. Eli Kramer (Brooklyn, N.Y.) at position four, Brad Levin (Cockeysville, Md.) at position five, Robert Williamson (Weston, Mass.) at position seven and Wonjune Kang (Seoul, South Korea) at position nine all dropped their matches by 3-1 scores.
- MIT will head to Washington DC for the 2020 Mid-Atlantic Squash Conference Championship next weekend beginning on Friday February 7. A full schedule and seedings will be released by the league early this week.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
No. 17 Squash Blanked By No. 9 Virginia