- Score: No. 14 Franklin & Marshall 7, No. 17 MIT 2
- Records: No. 17 MIT (13-7); No. 14 Franklin & Marshall (15-4)
- Location: Washington, DC (George Washington University)
- The Lead: The MIT squash team fell in its opening match at the 2020 Mid-Atlantic Squash Conference Championship to No. 14 Franklin & Marshall by a 7-2 score.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Franklin & Marshall won four matches by 3-0 scores including at positions five, seven, eight and nine.
- MIT was victorious at position two as Joe O'Connor (Kennebunkport, Maine) topped Aryan Parekh by a 3-1 score as he won by set scores of 6-11, 11-5, 11-9, 11-2. Keith Lamp (Short Hills, N.J.) came from two sets down to pick up MIT's second point as he edged Raunak Advani 10-12, 5-11, 12-10, 14-12, 11-9.
- At the top of the ladder, Franklin & Marshall won three points by 3-1 scores. Aman Sanger (New York, N.Y.), Henry Martin (Brooklyn, N.Y.) and Eli Kramer (Brooklyn, N.Y.) all were able to take a set by ultimately fell in their matches at positions one, three and four.
- MIT will await the winner of the consolation bracket for the consolation finals match scheduled for Sunday, February 9 at 1:00 pm. The Engineers will play either Navy or Dickinson College in the final match of the weekend in Washington, DC.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
No. 17 Squash Falls to No. 14 Franklin & Marshall in MASC Championship Opener