- Event: CSA Individual National Championship
- Location: Philadelphia, Pa.
- The Lead: MIT squash junior Henry Martin (Brooklyn, N.Y.) shined for the Engineers at the 2020 College Squash Association (CSA) Individual National Championship as he reached the championship match in the consolation bracket of the Molloy West Bracket this weekend.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Martin was edged in the first round of the Molloy West bracket on Friday by Krish Kapur of Columbia University in five sets (11-13, 11-3, 11-8, 5-11, 11-7), but bounced back over the course of the weekend to reach the championship match in the consolation bracket. In his run, Martin defeated Matthew Dukarm of Franklin & Marshall 11-4, 11-5, 11-5 and Adam Lichtmacher of Amherst 11-8, 11-9, 11-7. Today, Martin fell to Maximo Moyer of Brown 11-7, 11-7, 11-8.
- In the Molloy South bracket, Joe O'Connor (Kennebunkport, Maine) defeated Dylan Tymkiw of Colby 11-8, 11-7, 10-12, 11-5 in the opening round but in the round of eight fell to Sanjay Jeeva of Franklin & Marshall 11-3, 11-3, 11-5.
- In the Molloy East bracket, Aman Sanger (New York, N.Y.) fell to Graham Bonnell of Bates 11-4, 12-10, 11-8 and in the Molloy South bracket and did not compete in his consolation bracket matchup.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.