- Score: No. 26 MIT 7, Colby College 2
- Records: No. 26 MIT (3-1); Colby College (0-1)
- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (JB Carr Tennis Bubble)
- The Lead: The No. 26 MIT men's tennis team extended its winning streak to three today as the Engineers topped Colby College by a 7-2 final.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- MIT took two of three doubles matches to begin the contest. Although the Engineers fell at No. 1 by an 8-1 score, Daniel Papacica (Carmel, Calif.) and Richter Jordaan (Denver, Colo.) picked up an 8-7 win at No. 2 and Michael Zhao (Princeton Junction, N.J.) and VIctor Cheng (Santa Monica, Calif.) earned an 8-4 win at No. 3.
- The Engineers won five of six singles matches to defeat Colby, 7-2. Zhao earned a 6-4, 7-5 win over Jan Wenger at No. 2, Albert Go (Merritt Island, Fla.) edged Max Schuermann 6-7, 6-2, 6-3 at No. 3 and Jordaan topped Hans Hwang 6-0, 6-4 at No. 4.
- In addition, Derek Shen (Chestnut Hill, Mass.) earned a 6-3, 6-1 win over Garrett Reiter at No. 5 and Arman Dave (Southlake, Texas) topped Jonathan Hallal 6-3, 6-1 at No. 6.
- MIT will travel to Bates College on Wednesday, March 11 for a 4:00 pm non-conference match.
- For the latest on MIT Athletics, follow the Engineers via social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
No. 26 Men's Tennis Defeats Colby, 7-2