- Location: Gantcher Center (Medford, Mass.)
- The Lead: The No. 7 ranked MIT men's indoor track and field team competed at the Tufts Final Qualifier on Saturday afternoon in the final meet before next week's NCAA Championship in North Carolina.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Junior Benton Wilson (Dublin, Ohio) picked up the win in 200 meters in a time of 22.23. He also ran the anchor leg of the victorious 4x400 relay team of sophomore Nick Duchatellier (Dix Hills, N.Y.), first-year Nisarg Dharia (Novi, Mich.), sophomore Andrew Shao (San Jose, Calif.) and Wilson ran a time of 3:20.21.
- First-year McKinley Polen (Los Altos, Calif.) finished fifth in the 60-meter finals in 7.05 seconds, while first-year Steven Marquez (El Centro, Calif.) tied for second in the high jump with a clearance of six feet, 4.25 inches.
TOP-20 NCAA RANKINGS:
- Below are the current top-20 rankings for the Engineers, from meets up to this point in the season as listed at www.tfrrs.org.
7. Kenneth Wei - 8.10
14. Andrew Mah - 14:38.74
19. Bobby Upton - 15' 9"
20. Ryan Nall - 58' 9.25"
- MIT wraps up 2019-20 indoor season next weekend as the Engineers travel to the NCAA Division III Championship on March 13-14. The two-day event will take place at the JDL Fast Track in Winston-Salem, N.C.