- Score: MIT 6, Wheaton College 1
- Records: MIT (7-4, 3-1 NEWMAC); Wheaton (2-8, 0-3 NEWMAC)
- Location: Norton, Mass. (Nordin Field)
- The Lead: Three goals during the third quarter helped the MIT field hockey team pull away and register a 6-1 victory over Wheaton College in NEWMAC action on Tuesday afternoon. First-year Paige Forester (Glencoe, Ill.), tallied three goals for the Engineers, marking her second natural hat-trick of the season.
- 5th Minute (4:31) – MIT 1, Wheaton 0: On a breakaway up the middle of the field, sophomore Liv Parsons (Leesburg, Va.) sent a cross to Forester who redirected the ball to the left pipe.
- 17th Minute (16:22) – MIT 2, Wheaton 0: Forester carried the ball into a scrum of players and placed a shot into the far left corner.
- 34th Minute (33:28) – MIT 3, Wheaton 0: Forester backed into the circle with the ball and sent a low angle shot on the right side.
- 53rd Minute (52:44) – MIT 6, Wheaton 0: Parsons found sophomore Mia Reilly (Los Angeles, Calif.) who quickly slipped the ball to the left side of the goal.
- 55th Minute (54:02) – MIT 6, Wheaton 1: Hannah Arkin ran in on the right side and collected a pass from Ellie Williams, which came from the left side.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- MIT ended the day with advantages in shots (26-8), shots on goal (17-3), and penalty corners (5-3).
- MIT returns to action on Saturday, Oct. 19 when it visits NEWMAC foe WPI for a 2:30 p.m. game.