- Score: MIT 3, University of Scranton 0
- Records: MIT (14-4); Scranton (13-8)
- Location: Scranton, Pa. (Weiss Field)
- The Lead: A pair of goals in the first quarter helped power the MIT field hockey team to a 3-0 victory over the University of Scranton in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Wednesday afternoon. First-year Paige Forester (Glencoe, Ill.) produced two goals for the Engineers.
- 10th Minute (9:42) – MIT 1, Scranton 0: On a penalty corner, Forester sent a quick shot to the far post.
- 14th Minute (13:42) – MIT 2, Scranton 0: Junior Amanda Garofalo (Fairfield, N.J.) knocked in a bouncing ball at the near post and it trickled over the goal line.
- 55th Minute (54:21) – MIT 3, Scranton 0: With her back to the goal, Forester spun around and sent a shot to the far post.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Junior goalie Grace Moore (Boston, Mass.) turned away one shot in her third shutout of the season.
- The Engineers ended the day with advantages in shots (13-2), shots on goal (13-1), and penalty corners (9-4).
- This was the first meeting between both programs.
- MIT will play nationally-ranked No. 17 SUNY Geneseo on Saturday, Nov. 16 at 1:00 p.m. at The College of New Jersey.