- Score: No. 6 Franklin & Marshall College 5, MIT 1
- Records: MIT (15-5); No. 6 Franklin & Marshall (19-3)
- Location: Ewing, N.J. (TCNJ Field Hockey and Lacrosse Complex)
- The Lead: No. 6 Franklin and Marshall College generated three goals in the first half en route to a 5-1 victory over MIT in the regional final of the NCAA Field Hockey Championship on Sunday at The College of New Jersey. Senior Devon Goetz (Rockville, Md.) scored the Engineers' lone goal and finished her career with 101 points.
- 4th Minute (3:13) – Franklin & Marshall 1, MIT 0: Erin Coverdale scored on a pass from Darby Klopp.
- 7th Minute (6:01) – Franklin & Marshall 2, MIT 0: Lily Mynott connected on a feed from Coverdale.
- 23rd Minute (22:48) – Franklin & Marshall 3, MIT 0: Mynott stole the ball in the circle and sent a shot from five yards out.
- 35th Minute (34:58) – Franklin & Marshall 4, MIT 0: Melissa Gula knocked in the rebound of Coverdale's saved shot.
- 48th Minute (47:02) – Franklin & Marshall 5, MIT 0: Mynott drove down the left side of the field for the goal.
- 53rd Minute (52:16) – Franklin & Marshall 5, MIT 1: Goetz converted a penalty stroke to end the shutout.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- For the second game in a row, junior goalie Grace Moore (Boston, Mass.) made six saves.
- Goetz became the seventh player in program history to eclipse 100 career points and currently ranks sixth all-time.
- Franklin & Marshall ended the game with advantages in shots (17-4), shots on goal (11-2), and penalty corners (9-6).
- This was the first meeting between both programs.