- Location: Cambridge, Mass. (J.B. Carr Tennis Bubble)
- Score: No. 9 MIT 9, No. 10 Brandeis University 0
- Records: No. 9 MIT (1-0); No. 10 Brandeis University (0-2)
- The Lead: In the 2020 spring opener, the No. 9 ranked MIT women's tennis team defeated No. 10 ranked Brandeis University by a 9-0 final on Saturday afternoon. The Engineers now hold a 28-23 lead in the all-time series with the Judges in a series that began in the 1978-79 season.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In doubles, the top match came at the No. 1 position as first-year Sarah Pertsemlidis (Coppell, Texas) and junior Libby Rickeman (Wayzata, Minn.) defeated Lauren Bertsch and Rachel Zubrinsky in a hard-fought 8-7 final.
- MIT took the singles matches each in straight sets, including a 6-0, 6-0 shutout by Pertsemlidis at the No. 1 position. MIT first-year Yuka Perera (Santa Barbara, Calif.) also earned a 6-0, 6-0 victory as she defeated Grace Wang at No. 5 singles.
- The Engineers return to action on Saturday, February 22nd as the team takes on Vassar College for a 6:30 p.m. start at the Bay Road Tennis Club.