- Location: Nicholasville, Ky. (Top Seed Tennis Club)
- Score: No. 8 University of Chicago 5, No. 9 MIT 1
- Records: No. 9 MIT (3-2); No. 8 University of Chicago (8-1)
- The Lead: On the final day of the ITA Division III National Women's Team Indoor Championship Presented by Oracle, the No. 9 MIT women's tennis team dropped a 5-1 final to No. 8 ranked University of Chicago at the Top Seed Tennis Club.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Maroon took a 3-0 lead in doubles, including an 8-2 win at No. 2 as Lauren Park and Eugenia Lee defeated the MIT duo of junior Megan Guenther (Willowbrook, Ill.) and first-year Pamela Duke (San Jose, Calif.).
- In singles, the Maroon picked up their first point at No. 2 as Claudia Ng defeated junior Libby Rickeman (Wayzata, Minn.) by a 6-0, 6-1 final. MIT got on the board at No. 4 singles with Duke earning a 6-3, 6-1 victory over Nicole Semenov.
- Chicago clinched the match at No. 3 single as Catherine Xu defeated first-year Seraphin Castelino (Superior, Colo.) by a 6-4, 6-4 final.
- At the time the match was clinched, first-year Sarah Pertsemlidis (Coppell, Texas) and sophomore Ashley Teng (Tustin, Calif.) each held one-set leads and led in the second. At No. 6 singles, senior Lara Rakocevic (Portland, Ore.) was in the third set with Annika Pandey.
- The Engineers are back in action on Thursday, March 19th as the Engineers host No. 1 ranked Wesleyan University for a 3 p.m. start. This will be the fifth top-10 nationally-ranked opponent of the season for MIT over its first six spring matches.